Monday, January 24, 2011

First Blog Ever

I've always considered writing a blog but never though I would have anything interesting to say. I guess having a homework assignment to make one is a nice push in the right direction...

My name is Kelly Wade, I am 20 years old currently studying Advertsing and Public Relations with a minor in Spanish at the University of Tampa. I am originally from a small town 20 minutes south of Boston named Canton. This tiny town gets a little too cold for me during the winter, and I am very happy with my choice of attending UT, not only do we get to enjoy basking in the sun at the beach, but we are lucky enough to find shade under palm trees when we need it. I am a second semester Junior and I spent last fall in Barcelona, Spain. After living in this amazing city (the best city in Europe in my opinion) for three and a half months, and traveling throughout Europe, I have gained more appreciation for cultures around the world, and feel very blessed that I got to take part in such an unbelievable experience. Although sometimes I wish I were back in Barcelona, Tampa is a great place to live and I'm excited to be back in the Sunshine State after missing it since last May.

This class Art and Technology (or New Media and Art) seems very interesting if not somewhat out of the ordinary. When I first entered the classroom, it was set up not like any other i've been in at UT with a large screen in the front, and rows of squished chairs with no desk to write on. While the professor and another man from the art department played with what seemed like some new video game I began guess at what we might be learning in here. Once the professor began to talk I knew this would be a class that kept my attention, and wil definitely broaden my mind as to Art and Technology. We learned a little about the basics of multimedia and discussed certain elements that go into it, and how Multi and Hyper media came about.

From this class I hope to gain a better understanding of how artists can create peices on a computer or with digital animation. I look forward to seeing a much different, new side of art and hopefully be able to look at many different compositions in a new light. It will be fun to learn about how new media is becoming art in our tech-savy world, and where that will go in the future, and I hope to learn how to create some of this media myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment